Wednesday 30 June 2010

You know you're a geek when...

...you've got about a Gig of RPG pdfs on your iPhone.


I have an iPhone, and I love it to bits. It's a little old now, and I've started to look at other devices again, but I still love it. The reason for this post isn't just to sing my apple's praise, but rather to draw attention to a particular app, in case anyone reading this has an iPhone (or iPod Touch/iPad).

The app in question is GoodReader. It's cheap (should be around 1 USD) and to my experience so far, stable. What's more, it makes transferring files from your computer to your device so simple that even I could do it. So now I've got my core library in my pocket, and I'm currently reading through Hunter: the Vigil.

You know, I often think about when I was playing Cyberpunk 2020 back in the early nineties. I still remember the sense of wonder all the awesome gadgets inspired in me. I have to say, in a lot of areas reality has outdone imagination. I'm still waiting for the Sandevistan Speedware though... Future FTW!




[Picture source 1 John and Scott's Blog; 2 Hunter: the Vigil]

No comments:

Post a Comment