Monday 9 May 2011

Blockage no longer a problem


I've been on vacation for a while now, and for some reason I left my computer at home. Why I did such a foolish thing is something I can't provide a good answer for, but there it is. I'll be back home in a week, and then I will no longer have an excuse for not posting. I have missed it, and I am both touched and grateful for the encouraging words some of you have taken the time to leave in my absence. To those of you who have become followers while I have been in the doldrums, I hope to make it worth your while.

So, where have I been hiding, you may ask? The answer is Canada. I have mentioned this before, but the reason for me having spent the last weeks on the left side of the Atlantic is that I intend to move here quite shortly. I have found myself a girl on these far shores, and since she happens to have a couple of wee'uns, I'll do as many of my countrymen have done before me; I will cross the ocean and try my luck in the Americas.

I hope to have a post or two for you over the next few days, but I make no promises. Now I have a baker's dozen of other blogs to stop by, and I can't wait to see what you've been up to lately.

See you guys in a bit.


[Artist: Christian Krohg]

7 comments:

  1. "Are you poor, tired, or a huddled mass yearning to breathe free? Then brother, you have come to the right place, because here at Joe's Pre-Owned Immigration Boutique, you can get lamps held beside gold-leaf doors for half price! That's right, half price!*"

    *Limited time offer, only valid with purchase of a wretched refuse of a teeming shore of equal or greater value

    Oh, wait, Canada. Well, that's pretty good too. Welcome to the New World! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If by "I'm moving to Canada" you mean, "I am moving to Los Angeles" I think that is awesome!

    I kid.

    I am so happy for you and your lady love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back, Harald--and welcome to the New World. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm excited for you! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shieldhaven: I don't know if I'll be needing that lamp... I'm thinking i might take up prospecting, homesteading, or lumberjacking, as I understand those to be the traditional endeavours in the Colonies.

    @Christian: Well, Ontario is somewhat closer than Norway. Practically right down the street, isn't it.

    Thanks, though.

    @Trey: Why, thank you, sir. I wonder if I can take the train from the Northern Shores of the Inland Sea to The City...

    @Loq: It is pretty exciting, yes. I'm not sure how much of my adventures will reach the intertubes, but there will undoubtedly be a few posts on (or at the very least mentionings of) my efforts to colonize this part of the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news for everyone in there, even Norway in the long-run I'd bet, for the ambassador you'll be. I'm looking forward to reading more on any and all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Stock upon macaroni and cheese!

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete