Saturday 16 July 2011

Non-magical loot: Singing Bird Pistols



These should be worth a hefty sum in just about any setting, and probably well worth a little crime. This particular pair was sold for $5.8 million in May this year, after "[...] an epic bidding war between two of the world’s most connoisseur collectors who fought fiercely for more than 10 minutes." [source]  Now if that isn't enough to make you hum the theme from Mission Impossible, you're in the wrong hobby.


Thanks to Kevin Mowrer for the video.

3 comments:

  1. I've been fascinated by Asian/Arab automata for while now (ever since Ghost in the Shell 2, with that tea-serving doll...those are actually real), but I haven't come across Cuckoo Pistols before. Very neat, I like that it never sings the same song twice in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty awesome, I remember reading something about these guns when I was doing some research for steam punk information. Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clockwork FTW!

    @ Jedediah:
    Those are super-neat. I'll have to remember those.

    ReplyDelete